FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HVR-Z5U Video Output question

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don B. Cely
Sony HVR-Z5U Video Output question
on Aug 18, 2016 at 9:12:55 pm

I cannot get any output signal from my HVR-Z5U other than the viewfinder screen. Even with HDMI, all the viewfinder data shows. I've tried using the analog output adapter (which I prefer for my specific need), and the HDMI, but still, no clean picture.

My on camera MRC-1 records exactly what I need, just the picture and date/time display... (I need that for depositions) but I can't record to anything else without all that data.

Been through the manual, but can't find where Sony might be hiding that info. Even checking online, people talk about bypassing the compression by using the HDMI, but what's the point if I'm getting all that viewfinder clutter.

I'd really appreciate any helpf from anyone who still uses one of these cameras. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Don B. Cely
Re: Sony HVR-Z5U Video Output question
on Aug 19, 2016 at 1:32:48 pm

Well, I finally found the answer to my question... in the Display Set Menu, you scroll to DISP Output and select LCD Panel.

Unfortunately, for hand holding on the fly, where you might watch to switch between the viewfinder and the LCD display without changing settings, this does turn off the Viewfinder when the LCD panel is open, but c'est la guerre. Also, when set to LCD Panel for the DISP Output, it kills the Date & Time record function... a bummer if you need that display for depositions and the like.

This is a bummer for me, but for shoots not needing the Date & Time recorded, the picture quality is really very good. And at least you get it on the iLink MRC-1 and the tape when both are used.

D.B. Cely
http://www.doncely.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]