FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is a good camera jib under $1K?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Igor Vukojevic
What is a good camera jib under $1K?
on Jun 11, 2016 at 5:45:54 pm

Hi, I need a camera jib under $1K and my camera operator keeps mentioning that most of the lighter ones are unstable and shaky.

However, I've seen some great shots with some cheaper camera jibs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zViFtf1_I-A).

What should I stay away from and do you have any personal recommendations?

I need it to shoot some basic shots for a remodeling video, people painting, tiling, working on HVAC units, pool repair, etc. I just need to add some moving shots to it...

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: What is a good camera jib under $1K?
on Jun 11, 2016 at 7:45:11 pm

I guess the first and primary piece of information we need to know is what's your camera? If it's a big 15-20 pound camcorder with a 5 pound battery hanging off the back of course that won't work well with a cheaper jib. But if it's a DSLR that's a whole different story.

We've been very happy with the Libec 30 and now 50 for both our big XDCam rig and for the much lighter Canon C-100. New the 50 is out of your stated range, but there's a Libec 30 on eBay right now for $849.99. BUT... (and it's a big but), this and other ones in its price range require that you have a decent tripod to set the jib on and a decent fluid head to move from the tripod to the end of the jib arm.

Hope this helps or at least starts to clarify what anyone else wants to chip in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]