FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone used the NEXTO DI ND2901 1TB memory card back up storage in the field?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Smith
Anyone used the NEXTO DI ND2901 1TB memory card back up storage in the field?
on Oct 11, 2015 at 6:27:12 pm

Hello all. Has anyone used the NEXTO DI ND2901 1TB to back up memory cards on location? I am going to be traveling to many locations in multiple countries and need to travel VERY light. So I have no room for a laptop and external drive, etc.

I barely have room for a change of underwear.

I will be shooting with a Sony PXW-X70 because it is so compact and gets the job done.

Would like to hear from people who have successfully used it or have thoughts on better compact/light weight options.

Many thanks as always.

Adrian S

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
Re: Anyone used the NEXTO DI ND2901 1TB memory card back up storage in the field?
on Oct 13, 2015 at 7:52:42 pm

Adrian,

I know you're trying to pack light, and a memory card is a good bet. But Have you ever thought of taking a G tech g drive? its an external drive that is light weight and compact. could fit in your back pocket. Give me a call here at Maxx Digital.

Bryce
714-374-4944

Return to posts index

Adrian Smith
Re: Anyone used the NEXTO DI ND2901 1TB memory card back up storage in the field?
on Oct 13, 2015 at 9:43:41 pm

The G Tech G Drive a good (and I use G =Tech drives all the time in editing workflows, etc.) but wouldn't I need a laptop to access it?

The advantage of the NEXTO DI ND2901 is that it has a card reader built in. You can also plug your camera straight into it. So I can back up my cards to a 1TB external drive without needing to lug a laptop around too.

That said I would like to hear from people who have successfully used it while on the road.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]