FORUMS: list search recent posts

timestamp app

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
timestamp app
on Sep 28, 2015 at 6:47:39 am

Has anyone found an app which will allow you to make a list of timestamps for video editing?

The situation: I'm shooting a whole bunch of interviews this week, each of which I have to edit and turn around overnight. I'd like to be able to hit a button on my phone every time the interviewee says something usable, so that I have a time reference for editing.

I could either use "time of day" timecode, or start each interview as if it were a camera roll, i.e. Interview #1 starts with 01:00:00:00.

I've found an app which looks good, except that it rounds off to the nearest minute; I need seconds.

Lastly, I am in a bit of a crunch for the answer. If you think there is a better forum for this question, please advise.

Thanks much.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Roger Van Duyn
Re: timestamp app
on Sep 30, 2015 at 4:02:45 pm

If your camera has a bars and tone switch, you can add a couple of seconds of that afterwards to mark a section of notable footage.

The bars and tone markers are quick to find by fast forwarding on the timeline, and I just roll back immediately before the marks to get the promising parts out of those longgggg, borrring, recordings.

Roger

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: timestamp app
on Oct 30, 2015 at 6:27:50 pm

Thanks! Great idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]