FORUMS: list search recent posts

Experts, Tips dealing with Moire on set?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Paolillo
Experts, Tips dealing with Moire on set?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 1:08:06 pm

Currently up against it with an ongoing project where the products we are shooting all have incredibly fine patterns that need to be moved and spun around as they are demonstrated. If it was clothing, I'd keep it simple and just say, change your shirt! But in this case, not an option. I have tools in post to effectively remove to a degree, rotoing and doubling up shots to just deal with the affected areas, but the post work is sending me to my deathbed and blowing up the budget. So in the next round, I'd like to eliminate it as much as possible on set. I know it's not just an issue I have, because as part of the project I am using client supplied high res photos, and when they are animated, moire galore.

Currently shooting project with a GH4 4k sdi out to an Aja kipro 422HQ. 10bit.

Resolution-Shooting most of it in 4k and sizing down, is this hurting or helping me?
Bit Rates-Would recording at a higher bit rate help? 12g to a shogun?
Detail- turning it down, or shooting slightly soft, tried them both, not really getting the results I want.
Lighting- Using Variable temperature Led Panels, but is there things here I can do.

Appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Experts, Tips dealing with Moire on set?
on Feb 6, 2015 at 10:31:30 pm

I have found that a very slight blur in just the horizontal will often kill the moire' effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]