FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lavalier mic for Lectrosonics VHF CR 187 transmitter ?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Berman
Lavalier mic for Lectrosonics VHF CR 187 transmitter ?
on Oct 26, 2014 at 6:55:14 pm

Hello everybody,
I have to buy a lavalier mic compatible with a Lectrosonics VHF CR 187 transmitter (in terms of connector for example).
I'm kind of a beginner concerning wireless mics, and I don't want to do a mistake by buying a non-compatible model.
So if anybody has an idea or can assist me for a little moment on this, it would be awesome, as I am a little bit lost with all the informations I have been finding on the internet. It's quite urgent because I need to buy it relatively quickly.
Thank you very much to any of you willing to help!!!
Alexandre

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Lavalier mic for Lectrosonics VHF CR 187 transmitter ?
on Oct 29, 2014 at 11:56:36 pm

I'm pretty sure it's just a standard 5 pin TRF connector. If you specify the Lectrosonics pinout - every mic capsule manufacturer should understand that.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Alex Berman
on Oct 30, 2014 at 8:58:15 am

And will any brand work?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 31, 2014 at 3:16:33 am

Yep. Brand is insignificant. What's important is that the wiring is correct such that the mic feeds the pinouts correctly and also gets the bias voltage or phantom power or whatever energizes it (If it's a mic element that requires power) properly.

Brand doesn't actually matter at all. The reason brand names are often mentioned is just for convenience, since the big mic brands like Lectrosonics and Sony etc, have specific, wiring patterns that are widely understood. So if you have a 5 pin Lectro body pack - it's pretty much assumed to be wired like all other 5 pin Lector body packs. Same with a 3 pin Sony or whatever.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]