FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a wireless mic system that works

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan LaCloche
I need a wireless mic system that works
on Sep 21, 2014 at 12:59:40 am

What is the best wireless lav system? I have an audio-technica 1800 series, but it's been letting me down (drop-outs, interference, range issues.
Is there a higher quality, more reliable system out there? Cost is no issue. I'd pay top-dollar for an ultra-professional solution. I'm just tired of capturing questionable audio. So very tired. :(

Return to posts index

Martin Curtis
Re: I need a wireless mic system that works
on Sep 21, 2014 at 1:51:10 am

I like my Sony lavalier mic system.
https://www.videopro.com.au/p-7303-sony-uwpd11-ce42-wireless-lapel-mic-kit....

Here's a report on it:

I've only ever used Sony wireless mics, so I can't compare them to others, but they all been rock solid.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Sep 22, 2014 at 9:12:32 pm

LectroSonics - best

Chris

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Sep 23, 2014 at 6:45:32 am

Been using Sennheiser ew100G3 for years with excellent results.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Sep 24, 2014 at 5:08:46 pm

Dan I had similar problems and sent it back to the factory for repair. It came back fine and has been flawless ever since. It is heavy though, since you are driving two lavs with the system. I bought a special mount from B&H that allows me to mount the reciever on the hot shoe, like the Sennheiser's do. That has worked fine. I'd start by sending it back to AT and have them look it over.

I also have the usual Sennheiser mic system, and it's been flawless. It's also pretty much a most popular item for many indie filmmakers. The Sony's mentioned in another post also seem to be a high quality, maybe a bit pricey for what they are.

Al

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 26, 2014 at 8:07:02 pm

If price is honestly no object - take a look at Zaxcom.com

Mission critical all digital wireless rigs used on huge hollywood and tv programs.

Prepare your wallet, tho.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]