FORUMS: list search recent posts

Teleprompter suggestions?

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacy Formby
Teleprompter suggestions?
on Sep 11, 2014 at 11:56:25 pm

Does anyone have ideas on lightweight, easy to setup Prompter solutions? After years of hiring this job out when we need it, I think its time to look at getting a rig ourselves. We're Mac and iPad folks, if that makes a difference. I'd love ideas on state of the art hardware/software solutions. I always mean to look at these at NAB, but never find the time, and now I need to pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Teleprompter suggestions?
on Sep 16, 2014 at 7:50:07 pm

Hi Stacy,

Run down what you need.

Do you do single person field stand ups? Or more often on-set productions where a larger rig isn't an issue?

The size of the prompter is typically relative to the camera to talent distance you'll face most often.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Keith Wood
on Oct 27, 2014 at 5:39:54 pm

I am on NO budget, and am thinking about trying a tablet as a prompter for close-in stuff. I don't know if it will have enough light for a good reflection from the angled glass, but it won't cost a lot to try it.

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:17:02 pm

I hav an old beam splitter Prompter hood. The old monitor is a perfect "tray" for my iPad. I use the Teleprompt + app, which allows me to import scripts as text files. I can control it from my iPhone. Sure glad I didn't get rid of that old prompter hardware.

JPD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]