FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red combined with which camera? Canon 1dc, Caon 5d mark III, Canon c100/300/500? Others? For action sports and documentary

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eirik Nicolai Heim
Red combined with which camera? Canon 1dc, Caon 5d mark III, Canon c100/300/500? Others? For action sports and documentary
on Mar 13, 2014 at 4:17:56 pm

Hi!

I do action sports and documentary. I have a Red Epic which I love. I also have 2 Canon 5d mark IIIs from before. I try to base my work on the Red, but on some jobs, it is not an option. I have just been out doing a ski/snowboard film, where we had a tent base camp. We used snowmobiles to get to the camp, and I could therefore bring an aggregate, and could charge my batteries. But this spring, I will be doing multiple one man multi day ski touring missions, with no aggregate. I do not like to mix my 5d mark III material with Red.

If I sold my to 5ds and opted for something else. Do you have any recommendations? What I am looking for, is a camera, not that much bigger than the 5d, and a camera that have a power consumption like the 5d, but have a better picture quality. I would like it to be just as mobile. And, yes, I would like it to be good in low light situation, where the red is not.

Are there a good solution out there? I could also use this camera when not out on these missions as my b-camera, and actually want to use the material together with the red afterward.

Regards,
Eirik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]