FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer of large video files via net

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryant Mock
Transfer of large video files via net
on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:03:19 pm

I was curious if anyone out there knows of a service(s) that I can transfer large files over the net without FTP? DropBox just doesn't cut it. I need to transfer 25gb and it's taking 2 days to upload. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Transfer of large video files via net
on Nov 26, 2013 at 10:00:58 pm

I've been happy lately with the transferbigfiles.com. Not peer-to-peer, they store the file as long as you pay. I use the $5/mo plan as needed, no subscription.

Steve

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 27, 2013 at 6:34:00 pm

And pray that Google Fiber or something similar wins.

Right now, nearly all commercial internet providers have atrocious upload speeds compared to their download speeds.

It sucks if you're a content creator.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:52:22 pm

I've got a 75/35 fios line, but the bigger issue is the services themselves limit the speed not necessarily the isp. The reason I had to search for something better than dropbox is that they throttle and after I uploaded a 8gig file, the recipient couldn't download it because of dbox's 10gig/day bandwidth limit (up & down combined).

Steve

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 2, 2013 at 5:49:07 pm

This sounds like an opportunity for someone to develop and market a TOR-like file sharing system for broadcast pros, that won't give up when the file size is only a gig or two, and is secure.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jan 23, 2014 at 3:39:29 am

When I have a client who needs a large file yesterday, I pop it on a 36GB thumb drive and overnight it. Client pays for the thumb drive and shipping charges. I have a 100GB Dropbox account, but it can be very painful when there are large files involved.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]