FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make projectile vomit

COW Forums : Field Production

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Perri
How to make projectile vomit
on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:00:34 pm

Hey, not sure if this is the correct place to post this.
I'm shooting this scene that requires several people to projectile vomit. From your experience and knowledge what device do think would give an awesome effect of projectile vomit. The shot is more than likely going to be a profile of actors faces. It can look corny. Im aiming for the the stand by me scene when lardass makes everybody vomit. I would love for it to look similar to that. Any ideas would be a great help!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: How to make projectile vomit
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:41:35 pm

Cant believe anyone didn't answer this.

(don't read the following during or before lunch...)

Most recipes I've run across take the "watered down pea soup plus some frozen diced peas and carrots" approach.

If you want yellowish, you can substitute bean with bacon soup.

And some folks swear by instant packaged oatmeal as the base. YMMV.

Okay, enough of that...

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 21, 2013 at 3:39:51 pm

The rest is just a hidden hose and a pump. You might want to try the high-capacity manual bilge pumps from a marine supply store. They work like stand-up bicycle pumps, but would give the appropriate impression of paristaltic action you want, and can deal with high viscosity fluids.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Dec 6, 2013 at 11:38:13 pm

Last year we needed a vomit scene in a medical video - we used instant oatmeal, though it was a low velocity output! Our actress was a good sport...until we asked for a 2nd take!

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]