FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disinfecting a shotgun windshield

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André Mascarenhas
Disinfecting a shotgun windshield
on Jun 3, 2020 at 6:03:55 pm

Hi there,

Next week I'll be shooting a few interviews and it will be the first time since COVID started affecting our lives. For audio I'll be using a shotgun mic (not sure yet which one, but probably a basic one like an MKE 600) on a boom pole. The client is a bit worried as far as hygiene since there will be three different interviewees.
I said that the fact that the microphone will be 3-4 ft away from the talent, and on top of them, not much contact should happen. Still, understandably they are worried and me to do something to take care of it.

I tried searching for windshield care tips, but besides washing them and letting them air dry- which is not an option for me-, I did not find any other guidelines.

For now, I'm planning on spraying some of this to the windshield between interviews https://hosatech.com/products/accessories/cleaners-conditioners/goby-cleane...

Do you have any tips?

Any advice will be very appreciated!

Thanks,
Andre

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Disinfecting a shotgun windshield
on Jun 6, 2020 at 4:08:13 pm

Lysol disinfecting wipes are designed to kill coronavirus variants and are designed to be used on electronics and they're not drippy. 3 for 3.

Return to posts index

André Mascarenhas
Re: Disinfecting a shotgun windshield
on Jun 8, 2020 at 11:22:36 am

Indeed 3 for 3! Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]