Ambient noise affected the interview

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariusz Potyralski
Ambient noise affected the interview
on Apr 3, 2020 at 5:28:50 pm

Dear colleagues,
Hope you are all keeping well.

Could you please express your opinion on below video in terms of the sound of the interview.

I've almost finished creating my recent video project. I am very grateful and fortunate as this is a big client with potentially more work in the future - if they will be pleased with what I have produced for them.
The problem is the ambient noise of the interview. So far I've used You could hear the sound of the fountain at the background. So far I used those effects, but I am still not satisfied with the sound.

*Parametric equaliser/cut off Hi & Low frequencies
*Noice reduction/the noise point
*Highpass to cut off anything below 400Hz
*Dynamics/Auto Gate settings

Please let me know what do you think I should do in order to make this video sounds best.

Cheers,
Mariusz

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Ambient noise affected the interview
on Apr 7, 2020 at 2:46:10 am

Hello Mariusz and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I'm guessing you didn't have a dead cat filter on your boom mic. Get one before you shoot outdoors again.

I can't tell what your presenter/narrator sounded like without processing, but if the wind was anything like the other two, you had your hands full. I'd get her to re-record the narration track in the studio. For me, she doesn't help much on-camera because she never looks at the camera. Do you have enough footage to cover her if she's not on camera? Maybe shoot some B-roll? to fill the spaces. Maybe put her on a prompter and green screen her where she's at least looking into the camera and put some footage behind her.

Your two other talent.....boy, they're really blown out. The only salvation would be the girl because you can see how much the wind blows her hair. Still not a great situation.

Hopefully other post folks will chime in here.

Please let us know what you did.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader.

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Mariusz Potyralski
on Apr 7, 2020 at 12:05:55 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your email Ty Ford.

This is the final edit. My idea was to shoot a documentary-style interview, that's why the talent doesn't look into the camera.

The challenge for me is to make the sound usable.

I really appreciate your insights and I am thankful for your time.

Stay safe,
Mariusz

--
Mariusz Potyralski
http://www.mariuszpe.com

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Apr 8, 2020 at 4:51:34 am

videolink is gone, but I'm guessing there's a lot of wind.
I'd first try de-clipping before or after the instructions below in isotop rx with auto on, then:

if you run dialogue isolate with a very low setting like 1.5 separate and -6db reduction. then do voice denoise, adaptive -6, then all that's left is a nice voice with no noise except the wind, then the de-wind works 10x better. Now you're left with clear dialogue with zero distortion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]