FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extremely Low Volume on Files Recorded w/ Zoom H4N and a single RODE NTG-2

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Lal
Extremely Low Volume on Files Recorded w/ Zoom H4N and a single RODE NTG-2
on Nov 1, 2019 at 8:15:16 am
Last Edited By Matthew Lal on Nov 1, 2019 at 8:16:31 am

So I'm not an audio guy, I saw a similar post to this and the responses confused me so I'm hoping you can help this noob out.

When we were filming the audio was coming in loud and clear in my headphones, it wasn't until I was editing that I noticed how low the sound was, I thought if I increased the audio gain in Premiere Pro it'd help but that just introduced a loud and continuous static.

On the H4N I have the recording level maxed out to 100, I have MONO MIX on, quality is set to 48/24, and it's set to Stereo.

What's causing this, and how do I fix the files already recorded, if at all possible (Which I hope it is because otherwise my boss will be PISSED)?

Thank you in advance!!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Extremely Low Volume on Files Recorded w/ Zoom H4N and a single RODE NTG-2
on Nov 2, 2019 at 12:46:44 pm

Try taking a feed from the recorder from the HP output. Seems you are not getting full level from the line out connection if there is one on the recorder, might also be a connecting issue on the cable from the recorder to the editing gear. Try another cable just to be sure.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Nov 2, 2019 at 12:54:28 pm

If you solve the problem and there's no picture involved re-record the audio track. You should be able to duplicate the set up to find out where in the recording chain the problem lives. As a last resort perhaps you can rent another recorder.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Nov 8, 2019 at 6:21:44 pm

Can you post a bit so we can hear whats going on. if the inputs were maxed out as you say then im wondering if youve a phase cancellation issue causng the poor level on pb.
peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]