FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless frequencies for Sony UTX-B2/URX-P2

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sigmon
Wireless frequencies for Sony UTX-B2/URX-P2
on Feb 13, 2019 at 2:04:57 pm
Last Edited By Michael Sigmon on Feb 13, 2019 at 2:12:21 pm

Recently I came into possession of a set of the above Sony RF lav mic xmtr/rcvr units from someone who left the business. I was easily able to find manuals online; however, these manuals make reference to a CD-ROM manual that has frequency lists for the various units. Of course, that didn't come with the units and extensive web searching has not turned up anything. This would be very useful, as selecting the frequencies is not straightforward as it is on other units where you just scroll through the frequencies in 0.125 MHz increments. My last resort is to go through the various frequency groups and write it all down, but that is going to be a big PITA for units that will end up being rarely used, they are going to be my back-up units in case of problems with my primary RF mic package.

Can anybody help with this? Thx in adv. I have the U42 models.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Wireless frequencies for Sony UTX-B2/URX-P2
on Feb 14, 2019 at 9:50:24 pm

Hello Michael and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

page 51 of this manual should be helpful.

https://pro.sony/s3/cms-static-content/operation-manual/3870284151.pdf

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

PS: Google is your friend

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Michael Sigmon
on Feb 14, 2019 at 10:07:52 pm
Last Edited By Michael Sigmon on Feb 15, 2019 at 12:57:58 am

Ty-

Yes, it's 2019, I've heard of Google.

As I made sure to mention early on in my post, I did in fact search the web - extensively. The manual itself is easily found in multiple locations. What I am looking for is the channel groups. This is a much more detailed table than what is shown on page 51 of the manual. A couple days ago I found an example of what this table would look like, but it was not for the specific channel groups this xmtr/rcvr use. I can't find the link now and I have to leave, when I find it I will post the link here so that you and others trying to help out can see what I am talking about.

The way these mics work is first you select a specific channel group, then another group within that group, then within that subgroup you select certain frequencies. I could, if necessary, go through each channel group and write down the frequencies available within each group and subgroup. But that would be a lot of time to spend on some gear that I don't anticipate using very often.

I'm hoping there exists somewhere this table which Sony 's manual seems to indicate is on a CD-ROM that came with the mics (no, I don't have it, these are hand-me-downs). I've also checked Sony's site but sometimes it's like searching for a needle in a poorly-organized haystack there, to find what you're looking for.

EDIT: I *think* I have found what I am looking for... will test later on to see if the groups listed correspond to the frequency groups available on my units.

https://www.av-iq.com/avcat/images/documents/other/sony%20dwr%20frequency%2...

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Feb 20, 2019 at 12:42:52 pm

Remember that here in the US, wireless microphones that operate in the 600 MHz service band (the 617-652 MHz and 663-698 MHz frequencies) will be required to cease operation no later than July 13, 2020,
That is a major reason why heaps of very good 700MHz and now 600MHz gear is being dumped at fire-sale prices. :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]