FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 44.1 khz as 48 khz

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Juig
Exporting 44.1 khz as 48 khz
on Jun 11, 2018 at 9:29:39 am

Hi,

I have edited a music video in which the 44.1 wave file was used. I exported the final video export as 48khz, as it was a requirement for tv.

This was a long time ago, but I am wondering now whether exporting 44.1 as 48khz affects the speed, pitch or anything else? Is that the case or does it just add some blank information to the exported audio, while keeping it identical in duration, speed and pitch?

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Exporting 44.1 khz as 48 khz
on Jun 11, 2018 at 9:56:52 am

Transcoding between 44.1KHz and 48KHz is done all the time. Modern software performs this process essentially seamlessly with no change to speed, pitch or anything else. By using mathematical extrapolation techniques, the waveform is reproduced exactly so that what goes out is a faithful reproduction of what came in.

It is typically better practice to do the conversion first to do as many steps as possible in 48KHz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]