FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to setup 4 wireless sennheiser G3 100 with one mixer?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Richards
How to setup 4 wireless sennheiser G3 100 with one mixer?
on Jan 9, 2018 at 9:05:31 pm

I am shooting a reality style vlog with 4 different people and was wondering the best mixer to use with 4 Sennheiser lav microphones? I have been looking online and the only things I found was for the h6 but that it not enough inputs for 4 microphones. Is there anything special we will have to use to not get signal interference? I am new into audio and would appreciate any information you could give. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: How to setup 4 wireless sennheiser G3 100 with one mixer?
on Jan 9, 2018 at 10:06:12 pm

Firstly do you need to 'mix' the signals together.... and therefore can't be UN-mixed.
OR do you want to do a recording where each track is 'isolated' so post production can occur on each track at a later time.
It will also depend on your budget and the level of experience of the person using the gear.

The current trend of gear is the Zoom F4 or F8 or there is a new range of 'MixPre' units from Sound Devices.

Have a google search for those and then get back to us.... to help you further.

Return to posts index

Jesse Richards
on Jan 9, 2018 at 10:24:54 pm

Hey Brian, Thanks for your response. We are looking for something that isolates the tracks individually. We don't have a dedicated sound guy so we are looking for something we can set the levels of at the beginning and if it peaks on one mic, we will be able to fix that in post. We might actually need 5 microphones so would the F8 be the best option for that?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Jan 9, 2018 at 10:40:06 pm

The Zoom F8 is a good starting point....

Return to posts index

Jesse Richards
on Jan 9, 2018 at 11:36:31 pm

Thanks so much!:)

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Jan 10, 2018 at 7:31:02 am

I do quite a few 'training' or 'live stream' productions through the year that are 'Mixed LIVE' and the reason is no time or budget for post production. (Medical operations, Teaching / Education training, TEDx Talks etc)

Its not hard to do but you need a dedicated operator to ride the faders.... A mixed track can save save several days in post production. Yes it may cost more BUT what is your time worth?

I have used a VERY small 5 channel Behringer desk for years and now moved to a very small digital desk for the job, then fed directly to the inputs of the camera/s.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]