FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools M-Powered in Boot Camp, will it ever work?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiggy Gaton
Pro Tools M-Powered in Boot Camp, will it ever work?
on Jul 4, 2010 at 7:04:47 am

HI all, we use iMacs for editing editing in our studio, and while Pro Tools LE, HD, and M-powered all work great under OSX, one of my audio engineers insists he needs to use Pro Tools M-powered under x386 occasionally (special pc plugs in a few projects). SO I just spent 3 days trying to get M-powered to run under boot camp in both XP and Vista. It was like banging my head on a brick wall. I think the problem boils down to the firewire chip inside the imacs, and the driver support for that in M-powered using a profire 2626. no matter what I do I get a -6006 error on pro tools open. I'm frustrated to all get out, but will give up if it's really impossible:)

For years we ran LE under boot camp using a digi rack 002, but that finally died and was replaced by the profire rig.

Any ideas? I've tried all flavors of windows, and all flavors of version 7 and 8. Avid is no help, as their stock answer is that they don't support Boot camp. Arg.
thx,
jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

William Ivie
Re: Pro Tools M-Powered in Boot Camp, will it ever work?
on Jul 7, 2010 at 9:17:33 pm

Get a different audio engineer.

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Re: Pro Tools M-Powered in Boot Camp, will it ever work?
on Jul 8, 2010 at 2:34:30 am

Ha! My thoughts exactly - after 5 days of trying to fix it. But he's my brother in law. Actually I made more progress updating all the mac side plugs in to match his old digirack setup. There are one or two that are either not available or just two expensive to buy again... so I had to tell him to put up or shut up.

Still, from a systems perspective, Avid really needs to work harder to provide better drivers for M-Powered. There are literally thousands of users out there that have this same problem: the driver not supporting the breadth of firewire chip sets out there. Irritating.

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]