Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

• Sam Moulton

November 11, 2007 at 1:53 am

2 23 will give you more screen area and 23’s are very nice.

personally I think working on 2 30’s is a but much. The displays are so huge and the type is so small that it’s hard for my tired eyes to work efficiently. Working on 1 30 is also nice.

• Steve Roberts

November 11, 2007 at 2:49 pm

I have a 30″ and it’s fine. If I had 2×23″ I wouldn’t have room for the broadcast monitor on my desk. Also, I never liked splitting a timeline across two monitors, and I never really needed to shove currently-unused palettes over to another monitor. With the 30″, I can see them all.

I’d use the money to get an 8-corre with 16GB of RAM.

• Brian Charles

November 11, 2007 at 3:39 pm

I have 2 20″ and agree with Steve.

You’ll have more desk space with a 30″, I wish I had taken that route.

Get the 30″

• Aaron Zander

November 11, 2007 at 8:19 pm

I run 2 20.1 viewsonic wide screens. But I love having my timeline, effects/projects and main viewers on one monitor, and all my tools on the other, But I came from working on a 12″ laptop, to working dual monitor with that 12″ and a 20.1 and than finaly dual 20.1 on my macpro. and I love it, I love it sooo much it’s not even funny.

I’ve also been running virtue desktops (think spaces, but pre spaces) for like 6 months or more. essentially doubling my screen space. So i keep my craplications (itunes safari mail) in one set, and what ever I’m working on in another.

Really it’s up to you, some people love a single big monitor, I’d rather use 2 smaller monitors side by side

• Jennifer White

November 12, 2007 at 1:10 am

Thanks for all the advice ! I always worked on 2x 19

• Steve Roberts

November 12, 2007 at 4:32 pm

By the way, the 30″ Cinema Display is rather warm. I’d keep a fan nearby for personal comfort, since it can get up to 80+ degreesF near the monitor. Which happens to be where I sit.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy