Premiere Pro + OMF Export Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Magee McIlvaine
Premiere Pro + OMF Export Issues
on May 19, 2017 at 8:02:50 pm

Hey All,

Two questions.

The first is how do you export an OMF from premiere track by track, or in specific sections (1 OMF for interview sound, 1 OMF for verite sound, 1 OMF for broll, 1 OMF for music, etc). This was super easy in FCP7, but I can't seem to get it to work in Premiere. I tried deselecting the tracks I didn't want included in the OMF export in my timeline, and that didn't work. I also tried muting the one's I didn't work, but that didn't work either.

Second, ever had problem where you export your OMF from premiere CC, but when it is brought into Pro Tools, whole tracks are missing?

Thanks for your time and help.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Premiere Pro + OMF Export Issues
on May 20, 2017 at 2:12:11 am

Can't do it track by track. Workaround might be just to duplicate the sequence and delete all but track you want to export for each duplicate. Kind of a pain, but easy.

Whole tracks not being included is weird. If this is multicam, be sure to collapse the multicam audio. That's all I can think of.

I tend to use AAF rather than OMF, which is kind of a legacy format at this point. It was invented by Avid and even they default to AAF for many years now.

Return to posts index

Magee McIlvaine
on May 20, 2017 at 2:01:04 pm

Thanks for the quick response John.

That's what I was worried about re track by track. How do folks normally do OMF's section by section now a days in Premiere (to get around 2gb limit), or is it just not done? That work around makes sense, but what a pain.

Regarding the missing tracks to PT, yeah there are no multicam or nested elements in the timeline. The only thing I can think of is if pluraleyes might have messed with the audio formats somehow? Much of the audio used in the edit timelines were synced with pluraleyes previously.

I had been seeing a lot online about OMF issues. Is AAF the standard now, for the most part?

Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on May 26, 2017 at 5:07:33 pm

I can answer that.

To get around the 2gb limit, you have to choose "external files" instead of "embedded"
in the omf export dialogue.

The problem then, is you have to open it in Audtion then export another .omf

Pro Tools will then be able to find the externally linked files. This has been a bug
in omf export in premiere for a VERY long time (back to CS versions) and just
today I posted a question to adobe about why they don't fix that.

oh and the latest version of Audition now needs help to find the first file
when opening the omf....thats a new bug in 2017.1.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]