ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to correct an out of phase audio clip and...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron German
How to correct an out of phase audio clip and...
on Mar 18, 2017 at 11:53:21 pm

Using Premiere Pro CS 6.
I also wonder how to mix 5 or 6 audio tracks in a timeline when exporting to a h.264 video to get a stereo audio file with 2 mono (same) tracks.
Is there any tutorial?
Thanks
Ron

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to correct an out of phase audio clip and...
on Mar 19, 2017 at 12:41:03 am

Do you mean you're unable to change the audio setting for export to Mono ? That's odd.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 19, 2017 at 10:59:29 am

Not having much experience editing with Premiere Pro 6, Dave, I just don`t know (step by step) how do do it - to change the audio setting for export to Mono.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 20, 2017 at 3:51:32 am

Just take your time scrutinizing all those detailed audio settings when you export. You're not obligated to export in 5 minutes. I'm certain you'll find them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 20, 2017 at 10:30:43 am

Thanks.
I have exported to mono audio, but this hasn`t solved my problem.
If I have a stereo audio track from a original video take with a supposed out of phase problem, I should find what channel has the issue and maybe transform the stereo track to mono, using the the good channel as refference... But I don`t know how to do it, yet.
Regards

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 21, 2017 at 7:02:35 pm

My first post disappeared...

Anyhow, you can right-click your clip in the bin. Select Modify, Audio. Then you can select to change your stereo track to 2 chn mono. You'll then have to re-edit into your sequence. Unless you have cut the clip a hundred different ways, it's pretty easy. Select your first frame of the clip in your sequence, turning on that layer, and select match frame. Then edit it back into your sequence. Not sure of a better way to do that. Do it for all instances that clip was edited into your sequence.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 21, 2017 at 8:44:26 pm

Thank you very much, Todd. Very helpfull.
Your sugestion solved the problem. Besides changing my stereo track to 2 channel mono, I had to find and disable the deffective original channel (probably with an out of phase issue) with "none".
Regards
Ron

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 24, 2017 at 12:18:46 am

Now my problem is: I`got 5 finished Premiere Pro 6 projects (supposedly) with the out of phase issue in most of the edited clips.
Is there any way of changing the stereo channels to mono (with the ok channel) of each clip, and keep the project without having to re edit all the project again? I mean, re inserting each mono clip?
I`m thinking, if I save the original project, change all stereo deffective channels to mono clips, the project would keep the same editing characteristics (ignoring the channel changing)?
Is there a editing list I could reach that wouldn`t be changed even if I change the channel characteristic of the deffective clips?
Thank you for any help.
Ron

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 24, 2017 at 6:38:51 pm

I'm not sure there's an easy solution to that. I haven't had too many phase issues to really dive into it.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]