ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Peak Generatio Again

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Merklein
Audio Peak Generatio Again
on Feb 17, 2017 at 4:28:16 pm

Audio peak generation was turned off for a few days NOW IT IS BACK , even though it's turned off in audio prefs.

Is there a fix out there?

E

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Audio Peak Generatio Again
on Feb 17, 2017 at 5:29:39 pm

Bingo!!! That was precisely my experience with a project my client started. In that case I opened a new project and imported just the sequences I needed after making certain I'd turned off Audio Peak Generation all over.

Also, look to see if there's a keyboard shortcut you may have inadvertently toggled on...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Feb 17, 2017 at 6:56:20 pm

The crazy thing is, the audio peak generation was not turned on. I hope this ain't a constant without a good fix.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Feb 17, 2017 at 6:18:57 pm

What version are you using? If it is any of the CC2015 versions, there is a known bug with peak files and continuing to regenerate. It was fixed in CC2017+, at least from what I am seeing with projects started in the latest version.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Feb 21, 2017 at 6:32:40 pm

Thanks for the info Andy. Is CC17 working OK for you?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Feb 21, 2017 at 6:58:02 pm

The latest version has been going really well. Have multiple hardware deployments (iMacs, old Mac Pro's, Trash Cans, Laptops) all running it. Couple issues with Red Giant plug ins (MB Looks) causing some issues on file exports, but not a show stopper. The dreaded peak file regeneration seems to be fixed in this version. Some cache corruption when moving from older 2015 projects. Deleting (Not only cleaning) the entire Media Cache folders, PTX folders, then let Premiere recreate them on relaunch seems to fix it, but you need to rebuild waveforms etc, so be aware of the extra time needed to rebuild. Some issues with Workspaces if you have a bunch of custom ones. Delete your old Workspaces before starting a new CC2017 project and rebuild them fresh seems to solve it.

You can always keep the older version installed if you want to just test the waters of CC2017 with a test project. Just remember the advanced menu in the CC Desktop App and uncheck the box for "uninstall old versions." This will allow you to install the new one and keep your older version.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Feb 21, 2017 at 7:14:26 pm

GREAT info! Many thanks Andy.

E

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]