ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Slowing audio or speeding it up

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Taylor
Slowing audio or speeding it up
on Feb 16, 2017 at 5:54:40 pm

Question about audio editing:

I edit with a lot of audio files. Primarily they are mono dialog or stereo music clips. And a number of times, I find myself wanting to slow them down or speed them up. When I use the 'Speed/Duration' pulldown feature, I can adjust the clip but find that the resulting quality is poor.

I have been used to using Avid's Media Composer plug ins and found the results incredibly good quality.

When I use the PP version, I am finding that the fx'd audio clip (maintaining pitch) sounds very odd. (Phase-like)

Now I could export and work in Audition, but since this is the same audio engine that works in PP, this will deliver the same result.

I wondered what other ways editors get better results. Maybe there is an audio effect that can deliver a clean but slowed down or sped up version?

Thanks
M

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Slowing audio or speeding it up
on Feb 16, 2017 at 6:26:57 pm

i will "fit to fill" a clip and then use AUPitch to correct the pitch of the voice. it's very easy.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Slowing audio or speeding it up
on Feb 16, 2017 at 6:37:14 pm

Avid's audio tools are based on Pro Tools, and Pro Tools is... well, great. Audition? Certainly better than Premiere! Lots more useful audio tools in it.
But in ANY audio editing application, you can mess with speed only so much. But you probably knew that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]