ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

replace with after effects composition grayed out!??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Loz
replace with after effects composition grayed out!??
on Feb 14, 2017 at 5:21:39 pm

I have recently bought the creative cloud, had old versions of ae and pp previous but removed them prior (well at least I think so) when i right click on a clip in premiere the replace with after effects composition is grayed out... i notice i have dynamiclinkmediaserver . 7 folder in program files/common files... could it be possible this is an older version left behind?? i desperately to figure this out as i have a job to complete.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: replace with after effects composition grayed out!??
on Feb 14, 2017 at 8:21:47 pm

In order for Dynamic Link to work, all applications have to be from the same release versions. For example, you can't open AE CC 2015 comps in PP CC 2017.

High time to double-check what you have and what you don't!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Laurence Loz
on Feb 14, 2017 at 8:48:18 pm

i have everything and its all up to date??

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 14, 2017 at 9:27:53 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 14, 2017 at 9:29:51 pm

From your description I don't know if this is a project from the earlier versions or a brand-new AE CC 2017 project in BOTH AE & PP.

In either case, I'd go with the earlier versions that you know, especially if you have to hit a deadline. Get 'em back if necessary, and don't let go of them.

CC 2017 is so full of bugs you need a can of Raid. Diagnosis of your particular set of CC 2017 problems could take some time. Think in terms of days to get the new apps running. And Adobe isn't much help, either.

Be sure to say thank you to Adobe for producing such a trouble-free set of applications.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Laurence Loz
on Feb 14, 2017 at 10:26:49 pm

just uninstalled absolutely everything adobe related and went through my program files cleaning a ton of crap left behind from older versions, reinstalled, now its working! phew!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Feb 15, 2017 at 3:56:58 am

Did you install After Effects before you installed Premiere Pro? I remember that if you don't install Audition before Premiere Pro, then "edit in Audition" will be grayed out. The program has to be installed first in order for Premiere Pro to see. Maybe that was the same problem you had with AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]