ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export to tape

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raf Zimon
Export to tape
on Feb 6, 2017 at 11:38:36 pm

Hello,

I ma having a problem exporting footage to tape (I know nobody does it anymore but I need to do it for a client). I am using Premiere CC 2017 and the system and camera/deck recognize the connection. I am kinda able to 'export to tape' in the sense that everything seems to be fine and I get the 'Recording successful' message however the tape is blank (it records blank video with the timecode) and I don't see the preview while exporting.

In the past I have done it many times and it always worked great. The only thing is I haven't had to do it in about 8 years. Is it possible that Premiere doesn't really support it anymore? Could someone tell me if they are able to export to tape from their setup? I am on PC, Windows 10. I would really appreciate any words of advice.

Thanks a million!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Export to tape
on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:28:57 am

There is no mention whatsoever of an I/O card or device in your post, and no mention of the tape deck you're trying to record to, etc. Without precise information it's impossible for anyone to help you.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Raf Zimon
on Feb 7, 2017 at 2:01:47 am

It's a a firewire connection using IEEE-1394 Firewire Cable 4-6 - IEEE 1394 cable - 4 pin FireWire (M) to 6 pin FireWire. The deck is a DSR-40 (or 45 not sure atm) or any camera with a firewire. I tried about 3 including my old rusty Canon Optura. Does that help?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Feb 7, 2017 at 3:43:35 am

[Raf Zimon] "It's a a firewire connection using IEEE-1394 Firewire Cable 4-6 - IEEE 1394 cable - 4 pin FireWire (M) to 6 pin FireWire. The deck is a DSR-40 (or 45 not sure atm) or any camera with a firewire. I tried about 3 including my old rusty Canon Optura. Does that help?"

It all still works. I would try CPU mode instead of GPU. Is the DV device selected for output device and do you have Mercury Transmit Enabled? Below is proof that IEEE Fire Wire devices still work.

Return to posts index

Raf Zimon
on Feb 9, 2017 at 1:49:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried them all (CPU software rendering, Mercury Transmit Enabled) but I am still unable to capture anything other than the blank video with no sound.
Is there anyone on this forum who's able to export to tape with similar set up as me (PC, windows 10, Premiere, firewire connection) ???? I'd love to find out what setting works for you.
Thanks for any words of advice!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 9, 2017 at 4:13:37 pm

sorry, last time I did this when it was working was CS3. I used to use generic sony.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 7, 2017 at 3:36:26 am

does it work with the old cs6? you can install many different versions of premiere at the same time.

Return to posts index

Raf Zimon
on Feb 7, 2017 at 1:54:04 pm

Can I still download a legit CS6 version anywahere?

Return to posts index

Raf Zimon
on Feb 7, 2017 at 6:30:39 pm

Awesome. Thank you! I will try that!

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Feb 8, 2017 at 3:22:56 am

[Chris Wright] "does it work with the old cs6? you can install many different versions of premiere at the same time."

It worked with CS 5.5. Having said that keep it in CPU mode instead of GPU mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]