ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Size of clip in pixels after scaling or cropping

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Prickril
Size of clip in pixels after scaling or cropping
on Feb 3, 2017 at 11:46:51 am

Is there a simple way within Premiere to determine the dimensions of a clip in pixels after I've cropped or scaled it?

Also, it seems I can only scale as a percentage. Is there an alternate way to specify one of the dimensions in pixels instead? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Size of clip in pixels after scaling or cropping
on Feb 3, 2017 at 3:33:24 pm

Hi Greg,

Not that I'm aware of. What is it that you are trying to accomplish? If you scale an image down or crop in Premiere, you will have black around it in the frame. The frame size is determined by the Sequence settings being used. If you crop the image, then export, it still wants to export at the size determined by Sequence, not the cropped size.

Something you can do is edit clips in a smaller Sequence, for instance edit 1080 clips in a 720p Sequence, then you have some room to zoom and pan without losing quality right away. Still filling the full 16:9 frame though.

Please let us know the situation, what you are trying to do, then it will be a lot easier to suggest a solution and workflow.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Greg Prickril
on Feb 3, 2017 at 5:17:43 pm

Other environments let you easily manage real estate in pixels. I think it only makes sense. I place talking head video beside images of PowerPoint slides. I'd like to make them the exact same height (pixel perfect).

Especially frustrating because the information is readily available; Adobe simply chooses not to expose it.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 3, 2017 at 5:40:45 pm

[Greg Prickril] "I'd like to make them the exact same height (pixel perfect).
"

You could make an effects template with the transform and crop you need and put that on the clips you want to be in the same place.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 3, 2017 at 5:48:42 pm

That was my thought also - can't you Copy first clip, then Paste Attributes to others for consistency?

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]