ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Pluraleyes extending clips, becoming un-synced on XML import to Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Leavitt
Pluraleyes extending clips, becoming un-synced on XML import to Premiere Pro
on Jan 30, 2017 at 10:40:12 pm

Hey all! I've been using Pluraleyes for a year or so now and absolutely love it. But recently it's started adding black video to the ends of every clip, and it's not synced in Premiere. If I sync in the pluraleyes app (as opposed to the plugin for Premiere), it appears to be synced and it doesn't extend the clips, but as soon as I import into premiere, the same thing happens: extends all clips, becomes out of sync. I'm running 4.1.3 and the latest CC.

Here's a screenshot of what's happening:

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Pluraleyes extending clips, becoming un-synced on XML import to Premiere Pro
on Jan 30, 2017 at 10:42:37 pm

I used to use Plural eyes as well, but now it's easier than ever to sync video and audio files in Premiere Pro. Just choose your video, and your audio, then right click and choose "merge files". That's it. WIth Plural Eyes it always created like 4 different clips and things got really messy.

Anyway, you might be light years ahead of me and need the features of Plural Eyes. Otherwise, try my suggestion.

Return to posts index

Paul Leavitt
Re: Pluraleyes extending clips, becoming un-synced on XML import to Premiere Pro
on Feb 1, 2017 at 7:54:18 pm

How I wish it were that simple! Merging clips only works (to my understanding) if you have 1 video track with audio, and a separate audio track (plus, timecode is often needed). Since I'm trying to sync multiple video tracks, plus audio, I either have to sync each clip individually (using the Synchronize function), or just do it manually. Would significantly slow my process down. :/

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Feb 1, 2017 at 8:25:38 pm

Got ya. Hence the last sentence of my previous comment ;-)

Return to posts index

Paul Leavitt
on Feb 1, 2017 at 9:11:49 pm

Ok! After chatting with Red Giant support, it turns out that the problem is some where in the XML round tripping, but we figured out a solution! Before syncing, change the sequences setting to match the frame rate of the clip with the highest FR in the sequence. So for my example I had mostly 23.967, which was what my sequence was, but I had one clip from my backup camera which is 29.97. So I changed my sequences settings to 29.97, synced with pluraleyes, and then changed he resultant sequence back to 23.976. Works like a charm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]