ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Obsolete in Premiere, the answer?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruben Neto
Obsolete in Premiere, the answer?
on Jan 26, 2017 at 10:49:47 am

Hi all,

I've noticed that representatives from Adobe reply on this site so I'd thought I would bring to light a current pain point from Premiere CC 2017.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many, like me, use the standard audio processing tools in Premiere to correct audio as they’re intuitive and get the job done well.

With Premiere CC 2017 a new “graphic” dynamic processor was introduced as an “improvement” from the now “obsolete” one. In that light, I would like a clear answer from Adobe on how the “improvement” is applied as per the points below:

• In what way is the user benefited from a two-tab interface having to do more clicking back and forth to adjust settings?

• In what way is the user benefited with no visual reference of how much compression or gating is being applied?

• In what is the user benefited from a graphical interface when knobs and buttons are precise, intuitive, and an universal standard?

• In what way is the user benefited from a gate/look ahead that can’t be adjusted in real time?

• Looking forward to your answer.
    Regards,
    Ruben

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
    Re: Obsolete in Premiere, the answer?
    on Jan 26, 2017 at 3:45:58 pm

Nicely put.

I can honestly copy your post and use in a few different apps out there :)

Return to posts index

Stephen Montgomery
    on Feb 14, 2017 at 4:23:24 pm

I totally agree with you. However, it seems we can still use them - but for how long before a future release removes them completely?

The main thing for me was being able to see the amount of gain reduction with the meters in the now obsolete dynamics effect. I can't see a thing in this new effect, it is like driving blind.

Return to posts index

John Petrula
    on Feb 19, 2017 at 5:38:47 pm

Premiere Pro is trying to obsolete the incredibly useful Dynamics audio effect. For those of you who use and love it, you can help prevent this from occurring. How?

Adobe Staff employee, Stefan Gruenwedel, said, "Adobe product teams do monitor requests made through that feature request/bug report form. The more people post there, the better."

Please fill out the Premiere Pro feature request form asking them not to obsolete the Dynamics effect.
    Premiere Pro Feature Request/Bug Report Form
    Be sure to press the "Feature Request" button on the form.

Then email your friends asking them to also fill out the form.

Also see my thread Don't Let Dynamics Effect Become Obsolete for additional reasons why not to obsolete the Dynamics effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]