ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

.wav file used in sequence will not play on android device after render? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hulings
.wav file used in sequence will not play on android device after render? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!!
on Jan 22, 2017 at 4:11:25 am

So I am in the middle of a wedding edit and i have a .wav file from a Zoom h1 that i am using in the sequence. When i render the sequence out all the video and included .wav file plays fine on my pc and ipad. I uploaded to youtube and it also plays fine through youtube on my pc and ipad. However the audio wav file in the sequence will not play on an android device. I have transferred the file directly to my android device. No sound. Uploaded to youtube and still no sound on my android device. I have tried multiple android devices. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Premiere Pro CC 2017
Windows
i7
32 gb ram
Nvidia Quadro k620

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: .wav file used in sequence will not play on android device after render? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!!
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:06:15 pm

Sorry, no clue.
We only know you did something you call "render". That's to a whole lot to go on. Care to elaborate?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrew Hulings
Re: .wav file used in sequence will not play on android device after render? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!!
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:18:11 pm

Yes and first off thank you for your time. I am new to this. I have 3 .wav files that i am using in a premiere pro cc 2017 sequence of speeches at a wedding reception. They were recorded on a Zoom H1 and the audio was from the DJ. I have used this setup many times. However all the .wav files from the DJ at this wedding will not play on a android device. The only thing different on this shoot is i used a XLR to 1/8" cable to get the audio to the Zoom. XLR end was hooked into the speaker output and 1/8" end went into Line input on the zoom. After i export the wedding highlight film in premiere and review the video this is what i find. All audio plays fine on my PC and on my ipad. If i transfer the file to my android only those 3 .wav files dont work. Everything else is fine. I uploaded a sample clip to youtube

This clip plays fine on a pc and apple device, but will not play on any android device. I've tried multiple. I had Adobe remote into my pc and looked at it and they said it must be an issue with my phone. But i tried it on 8 different android devises.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:22:46 pm

when you said you tried 8 other android devices, did they work on any other youtube site? is the audio stereo or mono as that can sometimes cancel each other if both tracks are identical. Try 2 stereo external speakers from the android phone headphone jack to test.

Return to posts index

Andrew Hulings
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:28:37 pm

OMG so i just tried and the audio works on my android if i use headphones! In Premiere it says its

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Return to posts index

Andrew Hulings
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:38:19 pm

So i have never had this issue before. Any ideas on what i would need to do to fix this so it would work without headphones. And again thank you both for help on this. It has been driving me crazy for days.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:44:39 pm

use mono

Return to posts index

Andrew Hulings
on Jan 22, 2017 at 6:45:29 pm

Ok so i just dropped the audio effect "Fill right with left" on to the file and exported the video now everything plays perfect! THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH. This has been driving me crazy for days. This site is great. Thank you for taking your time to answer this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]