ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Randomly no audio playback on some channels in timeline (however plays in the source monitor)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Robert
Randomly no audio playback on some channels in timeline (however plays in the source monitor)
on Jan 20, 2017 at 2:43:50 pm
Last Edited By Alex Robert on Jan 20, 2017 at 4:55:44 pm

Hi everyone!

I am requesting the help of the community for a big issue I face on one of my projects... Unfortunately I havent read solutions for it
We are currently editing a documentary on the last version of Premiere Pro, on two Imac.
We have 80 hours of footage, converted in ProRes, and a lot of sounds taken externally by sound engineers, on .wav files.
I've synced the footages on PluralEyes 4 and then imported it on Premiere in a lot of sequences.
When I synced them, PluralEyes divided the audio files in several audio tracks, one for each channels.
However, whereas a big part of the sound works fine, we can't hear no audio for some of these channels, on some clips only (and nothing appears for those tracks on the vu-meters).
It is only for .wav files, and the problem occurs on the two IMacs, even if their Premiere settings are different.
Making the audio clips offline and relink them doesn't solve it.
Doing a match frame and overwrite makes the sound come back, but it eventually disappears again...
Premiere plays the muted channels fine in the monitor but not in the timeline, I have noticed the peak amplitude of these channels are very low (-130db for instance) however setting it to 0 through audio gain doesn't solve the problem.
I underline the fact that this problem is only for some channels, usually wireless microphones recorded, and at the same time the other channels of the clip play fine.
It is a very tricky problem as when you listen the audio you don't notice one the channel is not working as you hear the other ones, so if one of you as an idea to solve it, you'd be my savior!
Thanks a lot,

Alex

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Randomly no audio playback on some channels in timeline (however plays in the source monitor)
on Jan 20, 2017 at 5:30:09 pm

What steps have you taken so far to fix this?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alex Robert
Re: Randomly no audio playback on some channels in timeline (however plays in the source monitor)
on Jan 20, 2017 at 6:11:35 pm

Hi Dave!

Thanks for your answer.
Well so far I have tried a few tricks that didn't work, such as removing effects, replacing the clips, etc...
I don't want to delete the media cache as the project is huge and the problem appeared also on a new Imac where I loaded the project
However I may have some first answers.
Going back on the raw timelines PluralEyes did, I found that these clips don't have any channel set on it.
Going to audio channels and forcing it to play the channel it is intendend to play does the trick, and after I have to set the gain manually to 0 in the "audio gain" option because it is set to very high.
The strange thing is that this problem is completely random, so I now need to find how to fix it on the 60 ore more sequences we have without manually searching each clip that doesnt play :/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 21, 2017 at 12:24:49 am

Here's a trick that might work....

Get a problem clip running right. Disable the video on the timeline. Copy the problem clip, select the other clips and do a Paste Attributes.

Hey, it's easy and it's worth a shot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]