ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Creating Safe Action Area for Network Bug

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katherine Linhardt
Creating Safe Action Area for Network Bug
on Jan 18, 2017 at 6:23:33 pm

Hello! New to Creative Cow but hoping someone may be able to help me what seems like it should be a fairly straightforward task but I am struggling to figure out how to do it in Premiere. I was given specs from a network that there will be a transparent logo on screen during the broadcast of our show and the specifications for insertion of the Logo is as follows:

The H (horizontal) location, measured across the middle of the Logo, within the 0 to 1919 active H pixels is, LEFT 1402, RIGHT 1607. The V (vertical) location in interlaced field lines is, TOP, line 1054 (field 2) BOTTOM, line 1096 (field 2). This translates within the 0 to 1079 active V pixels to, Start 941, End 1025.

If someone can help me translate/measure this in Premiere or After Effects I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Kate

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Creating Safe Action Area for Network Bug
on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:10:11 pm

Can you ask your network contact for a visual aid? I'm working with a network now and they sent a 1920x1080 PNG that shows the text safe areas and where the bugs will be.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:16:16 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:21:53 pm

For that kind of precision, I'd go right away to After Effects.

Make a 1920x1080 comp. You can set up vertical guides in the Comp window at X positions 1402 and 1607. Then set horizontal guides at Y positions 921 and 1025. The resulting rectangular box made by the 4 lines is where the logo goes.

Alternately, you could make a solid, put ANY kind of rectangular on it, then adjust the mask to TOP 921, BOTTOM 1025, LEFT 1402 and RIGHT 1607. Make it a Guide Layer so it doesn't render. Put the logo in the mask hole.

Then just render out an alpha channel still, import into PP and you're good to go!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:37:38 pm

Hi Kate,

Just so we're on the same page - are you inserting the logo, or is the network simply providing a heads-up that THEY will be inserting a logo, perhaps so you don't put any titles in the same area? I think it's the latter, right?

Please find attached a 1920x1080 overlay that you could drop onto a higher video track in your Premiere timeline. It has a semi-transparent yellow box for the coordinates you provided (made this in PS). Hope it is correct. You could just toggle this layer on/off just to check your work, as a visual aid.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:42:12 pm

This is weird - I'd saved image as .png with alpha from PS, and double-checked and alpha is intact, yet when I do the "Save As..." from this site, background is white. Created a new image, maybe it will work this time?

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 18, 2017 at 8:50:05 pm

Sorry, image I am uploading is verified correct with alpha, yet the site kills the alpha somehow...just tried .psd and .tga, both report unsupported file type, as did .pdf

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Katherine Linhardt
on Jan 18, 2017 at 9:07:03 pm

Thank you so much, Jeff! This is perfect, such a huge help. The network will be putting it in themselves, but asked us to confirm that we have QC'd with this in mind. I just threw in a jpg and reduced the opacity to see it over the video, I appreciate the alpha though!

Best,
Kate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]