ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

VLC seems to be missing some colour info when playing DNxHD RGB 444 10-Bit video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angus Gibson
VLC seems to be missing some colour info when playing DNxHD RGB 444 10-Bit video
on Jan 17, 2017 at 7:08:18 pm

Hi all,

My core problem is highlighted in the title. My project isn't showing certain shades of grey when playing back on VLC player. I have realised that it is fine when playing back on Quicktime however.

The file was exported in a Quicktime wrapper, but I didn't think it would be missing colour like this on a different media player.

Could anyone explain this to me? And furthermore, should I be concerned that this is happening as I deliver the file to the client?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Angus

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: VLC seems to be missing some colour info when playing DNxHD RGB 444 10-Bit video
on Jan 17, 2017 at 8:28:33 pm

does it look ok when you re-import back into premiere? quicktime and vlc use different gamma settings. vlc doesn't have color management you could try mpc-hc or madvr. How the media is delivered and played back determines what it will look like. ie. the playback device.
For example, if its played back on a non-calibrated TV, none of this will look right anyway. TV is Rec. 709 16-235 pixel values.

Return to posts index

Angus Gibson
Re: VLC seems to be missing some colour info when playing DNxHD RGB 444 10-Bit video
on Jan 17, 2017 at 8:52:11 pm

Thanks for your response. The video looks perfect when re-imported to Premiere. I'm starting to feel safe in saying that it will be fine for delivery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]