ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Neat Video Premiere vs After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt MerinNeat Video Premiere vs After Effects
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 1:27:52 am

Hey Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Quick question for the community.

In regards to Neat Video, would you recommend the plug-in for Premiere or After Effects and why? Any pros/cons would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Neat Video Premiere vs After Effects
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 3:25:20 pm

Depends on which app you are more likely to use it. It takes a good amount of render time either way.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Neat Video Premiere vs After Effects
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 3:38:12 pm

I don't know if there's a difference between the two (although the AE version has a more recent update), but I do know that Primatte Keyer works a LOT better in AE and Premiere Pro, if that helps.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 13, 2017 at 3:39:07 pm

Sorry, I meant Primatte Keyer works a lot better in AE THAN it does in Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

Matt MerinRe: Neat Video Premiere vs After Effects
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 5:41:13 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I currently work the most in Premiere, but wonder beyond render time if it would be more efficient to use in AE to keep the project file size down for premiere. Or would that still boost the size with Dynamic Link?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Neat Video Premiere vs After Effects
by on Jan 13, 2017 at 8:11:42 pm

What do you mean about keeping the Project File size down? These files are typically in the low MBs, so I don't think that should be an issue. Dynamic linking Neat Video comps from AE to PP sounds like a nightmare. Dynamic Link can already be finicky and slow without adding noise reduction to the mix.

I personally like to use Neat Video in Premiere where most of the video editing takes place. After Effects already has decent grain reduction included, and if Neat Video is needed in AE, I just apply the effect in Premiere and export a lossless clip for use in AE. Then it is pre-rendered as well and I can work at full-res with AE trying to compute every frame of noise reduction.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 13, 2017 at 9:57:26 pm

What he said.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]