ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting 1st frame at each edit point into still image screenshot

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Berk
Exporting 1st frame at each edit point into still image screenshot
on Jan 8, 2017 at 4:51:46 am

Is there a way or batch process where you could export the first frame of every edit point into a still image/screenshot?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ayan Banerjee
Re: Exporting 1st frame at each edit point into still image screenshot
on Jan 10, 2017 at 11:52:49 am

If you have dropbox installed, it can automatically transfer screenshot to a specified folder when you hit printscreen. (No need to open paint and paste and all those stuff). Now if you have your program monitor open in full screen mode, and hit the right arrow and printscreen alternatively, all the first frames would be saved to that specified folder. Well not quite a full automated process, but kind of a fast work around - should not take long to run through the entire timeline. Much like playing drums.

Return to posts index

Molly Yahr
on Feb 23, 2017 at 1:05:18 am

I've been running into this same issue! The quickest workaround I've found is similar to the other one suggested here - basically just setting a hot key for 'export frame', setting which folder the export should go to and then using my 'go to next edit' hotkey so it's just a quick series of keystrokes. The only problem is if you have a million edits in a row it can still be super time consuming.

If Premiere could have actions similar to Photoshop I think it could be a very simple process, but unfortunately that doesn't exist yet.

Not really helping solve the problem...just hoping if this thread gets longer maybe Adobe will do something to help!

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Feb 28, 2017 at 4:16:34 pm

We have a client in a highly regulated industry and we have to submit a PDF file with still frames of every "screen" in the videos we create. Depending on the video, this could be a LOT of frames.

I have spent a lot of time looking into this topic and the best solution I have found so far is to use markers and a custom script to export frames from those marker positions.

Here is the script that I run:

This will blast through the process of exporting a still image from every marker on the timeline.

You still have to manually ad the markers, but this is a pretty fast process.

We often have many screens that need to be exported within a single clip, so I haven't experimented with automating the process of adding markers at every clip change.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]