ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 2017 Update Jacked Up My Project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jami JohnsPremiere Pro 2017 Update Jacked Up My Project
by on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:08:18 am

Premiere was being glitchy and running really slowly, and I hoped the update would help...
Well, after I updated to the current version, everything in my project was all screwy: my clips had been re-trimmed to the wrong points, and my overlays were coming in at the wrong time and my transitions were all sorts of wrong (wipes where dissolves were used, the transition duration blown to Hades). 😡👺
Normally, I'd shrug and say I'd just reset all those things, but as the timing was very precise - down to 100ths of seconds - this would take me WEEKS and I don't have the time or the patience for that nonsense.

How can I fix this without wanting to set myself on fire?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere Pro 2017 Update Jacked Up My Project
by on Jan 6, 2017 at 7:34:09 pm

I sure hope you kept CC 2015! Open PP 2015 and open the project file.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jami JohnsRe: Premiere Pro 2017 Update Jacked Up My Project
by on Jan 7, 2017 at 4:47:13 am

I didn't even know that was possible...I use Creative Cloud, and it basically makes the non-up-to-date apps not open UNLESS you update them!

That being said, is there a way to revert Premier back to the previous version?

Would restoring my Mac to a week ago fix this?
I'm DEVASTATED
😭😓😭

Return to posts index

andy pattersonRe: Premiere Pro 2017 Update Jacked Up My Project
by on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:49:48 pm

It is up to everyone to send a feature request for Adobe to scrap the Mercury Playback Engine and rewrite Premiere Pro CC from the ground up. There are so many bugs that have not been fixed in over two years and new ones being introduced in every new release.

Return to posts index

Jami JohnsRe: Premiere Pro 2017 Update Jacked Up My Project
by on Jan 7, 2017 at 5:02:04 am

Thanks, guys! It turns out that I can restore it to the old version, simply by clicking "Previous Versions" and finding it there. Such a simple fix that took an insane amount of Googling to find.

It's re-installing PrPro 2016 now; I'll see how it goes. With my luck, my projects won't open.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]