ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Apple or Microsoft. Which paradigm is better and why?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy patterson
Apple or Microsoft. Which paradigm is better and why?
on Jan 1, 2017 at 8:32:01 pm

I am sure everyone has seen a demo of Apple's touch bar and Microsoft's Surface Studio with the Surface Dial. Do you Mac users see the touch bar as being useful or would the Mac OS with touch screen support be a better option? I have to admit the Surface Dial seemed cool but what are your thoughts?

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Apple or Microsoft. Which paradigm is better and why?
on Jan 1, 2017 at 9:38:45 pm

This is a forum about Adobe Premiere :-)

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 1, 2017 at 10:28:38 pm

[Vince Becquiot] "This is a forum about Adobe Premiere :-)"

I know it is a forum about Premiere. Rather than state the obvious why not respond by stating your opinion. Do you want Adobe to waste time writing code for the touch bar or should Apple offer touch screen support with OS X? Do you see the Surface Dial being useful for video editing with Premiere Pro?

Hey Vincent, did you know you Avatar says Vincent : )

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 3, 2017 at 3:03:32 am

Cripes, most PP 2017 users would elated if the flippin' application would just WORK AS ADVERTISED! And you're asking about some OS sparkly? Get a grip, bud.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 3, 2017 at 1:19:37 pm

I know Premiere 2017 is filled with bugs. That kind of tie in with my post because I would hate to see Adobe spend time writing code for the Touch Bar when there are bigger fish to fry. I could see the Surface Dial being of some use for video editors. The Surface Dial can work on all Windows 10 devices. I could see myself using Premiere on a 24" touch screen. Having said that I do agree their are a lot of bugs that have been in Premiere Pro CC for several years. I have stated Premiere needs a complete rewrite of the code. Below are some samples of the bugs that have been there for several years and seem to get worse. They were not in CS 5.5. I didn't really want to discuss the bugs but I do agree Premiere Pro CC is much worse that Premiere Pro CS ever was. We pay more with CC and get a worse product. The bugs below are still there. There are more bugs than what I posted but these four are the worst and should have been spotted by the Adobe Staff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]