ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

external TV

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonn Gibson
external TV
on Dec 28, 2016 at 6:55:46 pm

im using premier cs6, i would like to use a broadcast monitor that has component video. can i prevew that video with rca to an external monitor in this software? if so how do i do this?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: external TV
on Dec 28, 2016 at 7:15:57 pm

Premiere can do what you want. Your best bet is to get the inexpensive Shuttle from Blackmagic Design. If you have interlaced video and want to see what it will look like on a broadcast monitor it is money well spent. Even if you don't have interlaced footage and you want to drop it into a broadcast compliant interlaced time line for client previews it is money well spent. If you are editing old VHS or MINI DV tapes the Intensity can out put to the old SD monitors. SD video looks best when viewed on SD monitor. Having said that you can also use your graphics card to connect to a broadcast monitor. The video links below should help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: external TV
on Dec 28, 2016 at 8:11:38 pm

You'll need an video IO device, like what decklink.com offers. Many of their options include COMPONENT. Which one you get depends on your computer. They have PCIe options, USB3 options (those are WINDOWS only), Thunderbolt options...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]