ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Effect Controls - Clip controls disappear when clicked

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Smith
Effect Controls - Clip controls disappear when clicked
on Dec 28, 2016 at 5:28:19 pm

Morning all!
I've been searching the Google and the forums here and I'm pretty sure I'm just wording my search wrong...but I'm not even sure how best to describe it. ....

Basically, my controls for a clip disappear from the Effect Controls panel when I click to try to adjust a property (it doesn't matter, it happens to Opacity, Lumetri...you name it).

The process that leads to the problem goes like this...I'm editing away and select a clip in the timeline I want to adjust (usually scale or Lumetri). I go to the Effect Controls where all the clip's properties are showing. I click to adjust a property and the panel goes blank resulting in a "no clips selected". I then have to go back to my timeline and (even tho the clip is still selected) click on the clip again to bring it up in the Effect Controls panel. Then I can adjust whatever I want. This doesn't happen all the time and is random, but happens more times than not.

It's an extremely frustrating glitch, especially when I'm rolling along, go to do a quick adjustment and the properties disappear. This has been happening for a long time and I've just been dealing with it, but truth be told I'm sick of it and it's probably something really simple that I woulda/coulda/shoulda fixed when I moved to Premiere a year ago.

Some other "in case you need it info"
I'm running a Mac Pro with 10.11.6 and 3 Dell monitors. I have my workspace setup with Program and Timeline panels on my center monitor, Source/Scopes/Effect Controls/Project panels on my left monitor, and right monitor is for video playback. Under Sys Settings I have "Displays have separate spaces" due to another glitch (I cant remember what/why at the moment) and am on Premiere 10.3 BLUE FOX.

Thanks much. Hope everyone's holidays have been grand so far.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Zoe Mountain
Re: Effect Controls - Clip controls disappear when clicked
on Mar 28, 2017 at 11:51:51 am

I am having the same issue! I open the effect controls panel, select my clip, and as soon as I go to click on an effect to make an adjustment, it disppears and my clip is no longer selected.

This is the only post I can find about this issue...please help!

Running:
OS X 10.12.1
Adobe Premiere v11.0.2

-Zoƫ

Return to posts index

Jeremy Smith
on Mar 28, 2017 at 4:20:52 pm

YES!!!!! Someone else with the same problem! Makes me really happy to hear I'm not the only one. It seemed to clear up for a week or so...which just makes no sense...and now it's back even worse. I've just been dealing with it because I honestly can't figure out what the glitch is. I'm finally going to email Adobe because it's just frustrating as hell

JEremy

Return to posts index

Zoe Mountain
on Mar 28, 2017 at 8:26:43 pm

Man! It's a crazy glitch isn't it!? My work around has been to near my clips and then I am able to apply effects to the nested clips. What's your work around?

I'm considering contacting adobe tomorrow. Please let me know if you get any good info from them.

Return to posts index

Zoe Mountain
on Mar 28, 2017 at 8:27:39 pm

**nest my clips

Return to posts index

Jeremy Smith
on Mar 30, 2017 at 5:47:24 pm

It may sound really dumb and it probably has no relation what-so-ever but right now I select whatever clip I need to work with, go to the effects panel, and long click the property I need to adjust. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. It's probably a mental thing.

I havent had time to contact Adobe the last few days but will post a follow up when I do.

Return to posts index

Zoe Mountain
on Mar 30, 2017 at 5:50:37 pm

Hey Jeremy! I posted out wuestion in the Adobe forum and got an answer! The person recommended copy pasting your sequences into new projects. Worked like magic for me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]