ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Effect Controls - Clip controls disappear when clicked

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy SmithEffect Controls - Clip controls disappear when clicked
by on Dec 28, 2016 at 5:28:19 pm

Morning all!
I've been searching the Google and the forums here and I'm pretty sure I'm just wording my search wrong...but I'm not even sure how best to describe it. ....

Basically, my controls for a clip disappear from the Effect Controls panel when I click to try to adjust a property (it doesn't matter, it happens to Opacity, Lumetri...you name it).

The process that leads to the problem goes like this...I'm editing away and select a clip in the timeline I want to adjust (usually scale or Lumetri). I go to the Effect Controls where all the clip's properties are showing. I click to adjust a property and the panel goes blank resulting in a "no clips selected". I then have to go back to my timeline and (even tho the clip is still selected) click on the clip again to bring it up in the Effect Controls panel. Then I can adjust whatever I want. This doesn't happen all the time and is random, but happens more times than not.

It's an extremely frustrating glitch, especially when I'm rolling along, go to do a quick adjustment and the properties disappear. This has been happening for a long time and I've just been dealing with it, but truth be told I'm sick of it and it's probably something really simple that I woulda/coulda/shoulda fixed when I moved to Premiere a year ago.

Some other "in case you need it info"
I'm running a Mac Pro with 10.11.6 and 3 Dell monitors. I have my workspace setup with Program and Timeline panels on my center monitor, Source/Scopes/Effect Controls/Project panels on my left monitor, and right monitor is for video playback. Under Sys Settings I have "Displays have separate spaces" due to another glitch (I cant remember what/why at the moment) and am on Premiere 10.3 BLUE FOX.

Thanks much. Hope everyone's holidays have been grand so far.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]