ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Any way to get a list of edits applied to a sequence, not a clip?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Young
Any way to get a list of edits applied to a sequence, not a clip?
on Dec 28, 2016 at 2:56:05 pm

So I have received an EDL from someone. The goal is to make excerpts of the 90-minute sequence. The EDL applies to a single clip, i.e., the *.mov export of the sequence. But I would like to apply their EDL to the original sequence so I can choose other b-roll, etc.

Maybe there's a workflow I'm not aware of? I searched for ways to "make" a sequence into a clip or a subclip, but no luck in PP.

I can make the excerpted pieces one by one in the sequence, of course, but I have this EDL and I want to use it programmatically if possible. 😃

Thanks for any ideas!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Any way to get a list of edits applied to a sequence, not a clip?
on Dec 28, 2016 at 3:31:41 pm

If you got to File/Import and then select your EDL, Premiere will create a sequence automatically.

You may or may not need to relink your media.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Amy Young
on Dec 28, 2016 at 4:02:06 pm

Dear Simon, Thanks for the reply. I'm still not understanding you.

What does the EDL refer to?

Here's my EDL:

TITLE: EDL_v2
FCM: NON-DROP FRAME

001 Semantic_2016-12-19.mov V C 00:13:28:00 00:14:00:00 00:00:00:00 00:00:32:00
*FROM CLIP NAME:SEMANTIC.MOV

002 Semantic_2016-12-19.mov AA C 00:13:28:00 00:14:00:00 00:00:00:00 00:00:32:00
*FROM CLIP NAME:SEMANTIC.MOV
AUD 3

In my PPro project, "Semantic_2016-12-19.mov" is an imported single Quicktime of the final edit. In the same project, the final edit is a sequence called "Semantic_Edit_v999".

I want to use the in/out information in this EDL, but not use a .mov (or clip). If I change the EDL to refer to the sequence's name "Semantic_Edit_v999" instead of "SEMANTIC.MOV" PPro asks to relink the media, and is looking for a file, not a sequence.

Put another way, I want to use the EDL to make a new sequence by using in/out points on the timeline of a older sequence, not a new sequence from choosing in/out points from a pile of clips.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Dec 28, 2016 at 5:18:39 pm

Sorry, I didn't understand your original question.

The answer is that you can't really use an EDL to reference another cut sequence.

One thing you could do is make a new sequence containing the movie of your original Semantic_Edit_v999, and then import the EDL and add the resulting sequence on a video layer above. That way you would be able to see all the edit information from the EDL sequence.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]