ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC 2017: program and other monitors displaying only WHITE

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Robert
Premiere CC 2017: program and other monitors displaying only WHITE
on Dec 27, 2016 at 10:22:57 am

Hi,

I recently invested in a new editing PC and upon installing CC and updating to Premiere 2017 this issue has been preventing any work being done.
Whenever I open Premiere to a project I've been working on (MP4 4K compressed files) the program monitor just shows solid white and the timeline will lazily scrub through the sequence. Audio does play however but absolutely no video.
I've read a few forums that suggest that it could be a GPU problem (I will list my setup in this post) so I have tried updating the GPU drivers with no luck.
It will work every once in a while, if I am to either turn off the whole system and restart it, but not every time with success.
I've also tried reinstalling Premiere as well as installing previous versions with no luck.
I am running a dual monitor setup (although the image doesn't show that).
Luckily this project is a pet and hasn't a strict deadline but I need a solution ASAP.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K (quad-core)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black
Solid State Drive: Intel 600P Series 256GB M.2 SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Premiere CC 2017: program and other monitors displaying only WHITE
on Dec 27, 2016 at 4:43:23 pm

1. change your workspace to the color workspace preset and then restart premiere
2. delete adobe preferences
3. clear media cache
4. restart Premiere
5. go to Project Settings and change the renderer from "Open CL/cuda" to "Software only", then change it back to "Open CL/cuda"
6. deselect "Enable accelerated Intel H.264 decoding."
7. change your workspace to the color workspace preset and then restart premiere

Return to posts index

Lewis Robert
on Dec 29, 2016 at 5:37:50 am

Hey Chris,
That seemed to work for now, every now and then it will white-out on me but if I change the workspace to Colour and restart it it seems to go okay.
Do you know if this is a problem adobe will address in future patches and updates? And do you have an idea as to why it's happening to such a decently powerful set-up?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Dec 29, 2016 at 6:17:49 am

its an overlapping UI bug. as to when it will get fixed, only adobe knows. you can update the bug form so that it gets pushed to the top of the to-do list.

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]