ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Rendering Literally for DAYS!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rickie Peete
Rendering Literally for DAYS!!!!
on Dec 26, 2016 at 1:27:11 am
Last Edited By Rickie Peete on Dec 26, 2016 at 1:46:38 am

Hello. So far, I've been rendering for nearly 26hrs and my "estimated time left: 42:35:34." HOWEVER, the estimated time left keeps increasing instead of decreasing, so NOW it's higher than what I just wrote.

I'm using Premiere Pro CS6. I have just shy of 2 hours of basic footage on my time line. I assume the most taxing part of the time line is Red Giant's Denoiser II and Looks (Color Grading) add-ons.

My computer specs aren't bad, they aren't great; and the specs are definitely not DAYS rendering bad.

My Specs:
Dell Intel Core i7 (quad core) 2.8GHz
GPU is Gigabyte GVN6102GI
16GB Ram
240GB Solid State Drive + 2TB Sata 7200 rpm
Win10

HELP PLEASE!!

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Rendering Literally for DAYS!!!!
on Dec 26, 2016 at 3:52:12 am

Unfortunately, one of our editors was working on a side project that sounds similar to yours. He also used Red Giant DeNoiser, and was experiencing multi-day exports. The lag was definitely DeNoiser, as when he disabled that effect, the export only took less than an hour.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Dec 26, 2016 at 6:03:18 am

can you render out a master then apply denoiser to that?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 26, 2016 at 6:31:07 am

Denoising takes a LOT of time. 6 total minutes in a 44 min timeline took me 16 hours.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Dec 26, 2016 at 3:51:17 pm

I agree with the others, but would recommend you also check your RAM to see if you are maxing it out. I found out that 16GBs was not enough for what I was doing, and upgraded to 32 GBs. All is better now. But yes, the add ons like Denoiser eat up a lot of time....

Al

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Dec 26, 2016 at 6:38:20 pm

You should only denoise what you actually need to denoise instead of denoising everything. Denoising or renoising is insanely intensive because it's affecting every pixel in all frames.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 27, 2016 at 3:48:33 pm

To echo comments of others, DeNoising is incredibly slow! My workflow has become to denoise first, before starting any editing. I run DeNoiser in AE and export to a robust intermediate codec, then import cleaned files into Premiere to edit as a normal clip. Trying to scrub/edit in Premiere with DeNoiser applied is not a pleasant experience, everything grinds to a halt, thus I'm doing it first as a separate step.

In your case, doing both DeNoiser and Looks at the same time is really doing on a job on the render times!

DeNoiser II does offer GPU acceleration that can cut render times, but I believe it has to be an nVidia GPU and of course you'd need to enable that feature in the software.

I have on a few occasions actually did all the editing in Premiere first using original source clip, then later created a DeNoised clip in AE, and in Premiere, used the Replace function to get Premiere to replace all the edits with the cleaned footage. That way, I could do the long DeNoise render when convenient, and not have it delay the editing process. This was basically for wedding ceremonies where I would have just one long clip - if you have a lot of small clips, then this method may not be practical.

It's possible that if the source footage and export destination were different drives, that could help with the throughput to some degree, but it really comes down to processing power for the most part.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Rickie Peete
on Dec 29, 2016 at 10:06:47 pm

Thanks for ALL the feedback. Although I felt anxiety about stopping my rendering process (since I was nearly 28 hours in already) to try out some of the suggestions, I went ahead and stopped it, hoping for the best. So, I rendered the file with only LOOKS and took off the DENOISER. That DENOISER FREE file took 7 hours. Once complete, I added DENOISER to that file and it took ... 64 hours! So, a grand total of 71 hours ... not counting all the other hours I lost from the previous efforts.

I looked at my Resource monitor during rendering and everything (CPU, Memory, Disk) was running with minimal resources. So, I'm still not sure how to improve the rendering -- other than not using DENOISER.

I'll definitely put more focus on not creating GRAINY footage in the future.

Return to posts index

Harrison Gruber
on Jan 2, 2017 at 9:26:10 pm

Yeah...low light will kill ya in post/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]