ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Importing animated photoshop file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Radoman RadovicImporting animated photoshop file
by on Dec 25, 2016 at 12:44:40 pm

Hey there. I have a question:

I import Quicktime animation or image sequence into Photoshop, add some text to it, make some text animation with the position and opacity using Photoshop timeline, and save that animation as a *.PSD file...

I import that *.PSD file into the Adobe Premiere CS 5.5, and it plays that animation.
I import that *.PSD file into Adobe Premiere CC 2015, it does not play that animation... It plays still frame where CTI was before saving.

I animate only text in Photoshop using timeline, import in Premiere Pro CC 2015 and it plays animation.

So, for some reasons CC 2015 won't play that video I'm importing into Photoshop.

Anyone knows why???

Thanx

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Importing animated photoshop file
by on Dec 25, 2016 at 6:03:29 pm

Just out of curiosity, why don't you add the text inside Premiere Pro using the "title" feature? You can play with opacity and position quite easily, and it's possible that, as adobe usually does, when they add a feature to one app they delete it from the other app you used to have to use.

Other than that someone else might have the new workflow necessary to do it your old way, but, again, why not just do it all in Premiere Pro if the animation is simple?

Return to posts index

Radoman RadovicRe: Importing animated photoshop file
by on Dec 25, 2016 at 6:38:28 pm

Because it is a bit complex animation which I use as a lower third, and use it a lot, with a lot of different data. And, to save time, don't want to render every single one in After Effects. So, it was simple in CS 5.5, just edit text in Photoshop file which contains animation, and import it to Premiere CS 5.5 and it plays very well. But for some reasons Premiere CS6 and later wont play it... I tried everything, but without success. Maybe it si a matter of color management or something, I don't know. And here is a hint: If I export that particular animation from After Effects as a *.PSD sequence, and import that sequence into Premiere CC 2015, it plays smoothly and with alpha channel (transparency). When I import that *.PSD sequence in a Photoshop as a sequence, I no longer have alpha (transparency). I have black BG... Awkward... Maybe there is a catch somewhere, maybe I'm trying to do something which is no longer available... I don't know...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 25, 2016 at 6:50:45 pm

And yet again, if I animate just a text inside Photoshop, without any external prerendered animation, save it as a *.PSD file, import that *.PSD file in Premiere CC 2015 and it plays smoothly... Just annoying!

Return to posts index

andy pattersonRe: Importing animated photoshop file
by on Dec 25, 2016 at 7:18:31 pm

I notice that Premiere is getting worse and worse.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Importing animated photoshop file
by on Dec 25, 2016 at 7:05:50 pm

Well, I do know from experience that Premiere Pro no longer exports with an alpha channel using quicktime, if I remember correctly, whereas it once did. You have to use .png sequences now. So, like I said, it's possible adobe removed your animation process as well.

Are you talking about "chyron's" by any chance? Have you seen this video? Perhaps this is what you're doing and the video shows how to do it in Premiere Pro. btw, I'm assuming you're inexperienced. You might be a pro doing this for years so my apologies if I'm telling you stuff you already know. Here's the video:

Return to posts index

by on Dec 25, 2016 at 11:51:05 pm

I always simplify things, so I can do them in the fast and easy way. Creating and editing those files in Photoshop was the easiest and fastest way, cause it is done with few clicks and in the end I only have one file... I can do them in AE but it significantly increases time. And editing in Premiere CS 5.5, well, it is old. Time to move on...
It is some sort of miscommunication between Photoshop and Premiere... It does not "read" *.PSD files in the right way...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]