ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

29.97 to 24fps while keeping audio the same

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
29.97 to 24fps while keeping audio the same
on Dec 21, 2016 at 2:22:35 pm

I filmed a documentary intended for television so I filmed it in 29.97. Now a major festival wants to show it but won't show it in 29.97. Can I just export my project to 24fps or will that not look right?

I tried the interpret footage in premiere but it slowed down the clip which left all the audio out of sync.

Bryce

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 29.97 to 24fps while keeping audio the same
on Dec 21, 2016 at 3:58:37 pm

Reelvision's Twixtor can co the frame rate conversion, and it does it almost as well as frame rate unreason via hardware, e.g. Terranex. It's also a lot cheaper than hardware.

I also recommend you investigate the necessary frame rate: is it 24 (not bloody likely) or is it 23.976 (far more likely)?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Dec 21, 2016 at 5:50:54 pm

So if I use optical flow then I won't have anything out of sync?

Bryce

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:03:54 pm

Also, should I have just shot in 24fps to begin with? All the documentary shots are talking heads mixed with still images and video b roll. So I didn't really think 24fps was necessary since there wasn't any motion or anything fundamental that would be different.

I've always filmed at 29.97 because lots of my work goes to TV or DVDs for viewing in homes.

I film historical documentaries where lots of stock footage I use is already in 29.97.

Bryce

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Dec 22, 2016 at 9:02:51 am

Your aquision frame rate needs to be the same as your delivery framerate. Framerate conversion is always a compromise.
If you keep duration unchanged then you have to lose frames so either fluid motion or blending. With little motion blending would be ok.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Dec 22, 2016 at 9:22:23 am

[Pat Horridge] "With little motion blending would be ok."

If this goes through a quality control system it'll be most likely kicked back if there's motion interpolation artifacts in it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]