ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adding 5-12fps clips to a 24fps timeline by duplicating frames? Is it possible in Pr?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew ReadAdding 5-12fps clips to a 24fps timeline by duplicating frames? Is it possible in Pr?
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 11:56:30 pm

I work at a company where I am often asked to add an intro and outro to some gotomeeting webinar recordings. for some silly reason, GoToMeeting records their webinars at 5-12fps (because when doing a webinar, you don't really need more than that). What I usually do to use these clips in 24fps timelines is convert the file in Handbrake and make it a constant frame rate of 24fps and that usually works. However, there are times where Handbrake just stops encoding and won't work at all for that clip (which is why I'm here). Is there a way in Premiere or After Effects to duplicate those frames so that the audio lines up with the video? I figure if Handbrake can do it, Adobe CC should be able to as well! Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adding 5-12fps clips to a 24fps timeline by duplicating frames? Is it possible in Pr?
by on Dec 16, 2016 at 12:13:14 am

Try it on Adobe Media Encoder. If you REALLY MEAN 24fps, that's fine.

But if you're using it as shorthand for the real film frame rate in the United States (which most cameras shoot, incidentally), the frame rate is 23.976.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Adding 5-12fps clips to a 24fps timeline by duplicating frames? Is it possible in Pr?
by on Dec 16, 2016 at 2:12:07 am

if they are really variable framerate, premiere won't work with them anyway. if handbrake doesn't convert them sucessfully to constant framerate, you may need to try another converter. if you drop them into a 24 sequence, premiere by default will add a bunch of duplicate whole frames. you can right click frame blend or pixel blend to smooth out the motion if you want.

(Clip > Video Options > Time Interpolation > Optical Flow) or Frame Blend.
my opinion is that 5fps is too low for optical flow and frame blend may give better results.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/duration-speed.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]