ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Codec

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charles lamarreCodec
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 6:52:31 pm

Hoping someone can help....I am creating a video exhibit and the screens (2) will be one over one (46" screens) in portrait orientation (like a popsicle stick) 4k resolution. Pixel ratio obviously will be 3840x2160. I cannot find a codec which will allow me to render video in portrait (3840 vertical) orientation...with the exception of the gopro cineform codec which is only available for quicktime. I rendered out just five minutes, of what will be about a 50 min video, and it was over 37GB. The end product's file size would pretty much be unmanageable on the player I will be using. Anyone have a suggestions with respect to an alternate codec I would be able to use that is not quicktime?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Codec
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:23:48 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:24:08 pm

Here's some encouraging news: you don't need to render out vertically. I'll bet you, the client or the client's vendor are rotating the monitors clockwise or counter-clockwise. So you can work in a vertical orientation, then nest it in a horizontally-oriented timeline and rotate it. Just rotate in the proper direction.

But the important consideration is this: what is the playback device? What kinds of files will it play? That's what will determine your media container & codec.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

charles lamarreRe: Codec
by on Dec 15, 2016 at 7:40:56 pm

Thank you so much for the reply Dave...great idea. Will give it a go...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]