ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe CC 2017 + Sierra: GO!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Ramsey
Adobe CC 2017 + Sierra: GO!
on Dec 14, 2016 at 5:32:23 pm

Thoughts or insights on the upgrade of these two systems: CC17 and Sierra?

Adobe Premiere Pro site approves CC17 and 10.12: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Cheers!
Ramsey

Ramsey Productions, Ltd.
Design | Create | Produce
Complete Video Production & Marketing Services

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adobe CC 2017 + Sierra: GO!
on Dec 14, 2016 at 5:59:56 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 14, 2016 at 6:04:58 pm

Well, as long as you don't get rid of the older version(s) you should be okay. Don't use it for any serious work just yet. There is a fascinating variety of puzzling bugs; puzzling in that they break things that were previously fine.

But you can still check out the new features.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ramsey
on Dec 14, 2016 at 6:50:41 pm

Adobe needs more competition, perhaps. We all seemed better off when Discreet, Adobe, Apple, Sony, and AVID all competed for our loyalty, lead frogging one another with features and capabilities. Or, maybe I simply remember it all through rose glasses ;)

Ramsey Productions, Ltd.
Design | Create | Produce
Complete Video Production & Marketing Services

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Dec 14, 2016 at 8:43:22 pm

Jonathan, you just remember when everyone ran with much tighter hardware/software requirements, and did beta testing with beta testers.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 14, 2016 at 9:13:31 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 14, 2016 at 10:45:15 pm

[Jonathan Ramsey] "We all seemed better off when Discreet, Adobe, Apple, Sony, and AVID all competed for our loyalty, lead frogging one another with features and capabilities."

As Jon points out, there were real Beta Testers then. But now Adobe's got you by the short hairs -- you're renting their software! And the way Adobe makes more money is by getting more people to rent. So I'm pretty sure they do it by stressing new features that make young millenials in corporate marketing departments say, "Ooooh!"

Fixing broken stuff? Well, where's the money in THAT? Do just enough of it to placate the current renters. Drag your feet a bit on it. Keep promising it'll be better soon....

....and in the meantime, all those new renters become unwitting participants in the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program. The rest of us grumble.

And Adobe laughs all the way to the bank.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Dec 19, 2016 at 4:42:20 pm

Yes... I agree.... With what you posted!!!

(Actually, After 3 attempts of writing a couple paragraphs of answers... Regarding Beta Tester's, Rental Software, "Cloud", and other subjects..... All of which I deleted as being too argumentative... I decided just to post the 7 words above, and assume all who knew me would understand....) Happy Holidays and Happy 2017!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]