ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting a 5.1 and a 2.0 track in premiere pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas krogsæther
Exporting a 5.1 and a 2.0 track in premiere pro
on Dec 13, 2016 at 12:08:05 pm

I have seen different threads regarding multichannel exports and now i have come across another head scratcher to deal with.
I am creating a Prores 4444 file quicktime, which is going to contain both 2.0 stereo and 5.1 surround.

Now, in the past for deliveries, a quicktime with 8 mono tracks containting all relevant sound, in correct order has been sufficient (as the reciever create their own files from that)

This time, the sound mixer has delivered a .waw file in stereo and one for the 5.1 mix.
Getting this into the timeline as a multichannel with only two audio tracks is easy enough, BUT when i try to export with the two tracks i can only get one stereo option or two mono options. No 5.1 option, and when i choose stereo i am unable to add another track for the output. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Exporting a 5.1 and a 2.0 track in premiere pro
on Dec 13, 2016 at 1:51:15 pm

I haven't used multichannel wavs but you should do a sequence that has 8 outputs for multichannel audio. Then make two adaptive tracks. Route the stereo track to channels 1-2 and the 5.1 track to channels 3-8.

Return to posts index

Andreas krogsæther
on Dec 13, 2016 at 2:54:22 pm

Next part of the puzzle, i get all the sound on the export but in the form of 4 stereo tracks, even though i specifically selected a stereo and 5.1 output. The sound seems to be routed properly through the correct speakers though.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Dec 13, 2016 at 4:02:27 pm

What are your audio track import options in the preferences?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]