ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Keyboard Shortcut Frustration - Where have Source, Timeline and Program Windows gone?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex KuzelickiKeyboard Shortcut Frustration - Where have Source, Timeline and Program Windows gone?
by on Dec 13, 2016 at 5:10:55 am

Hi,

I usually customise my workspace a little with keyboard shortcuts. For me, it's useful to assign the 1 key to the Project window, 2 key to the Source window, 3 key to the Timeline window, 4 key to the Program window - so it's a one-click switch between them.

With the CC2017 update I just cannot find the options in the Keyboard Shortcut menu to do this now. Seems to have disappeared? Have tried typing in every combination of Source, Timeline, Program, Window, Panel, Select... you name it, into the Search window... but I can't find the options (with the exception of the Project window, which is under Window > Project).

Not sure why the others have gone. Or, are they there and I just can't find them? I can't remember what they were listed under before but I do know I could always easily find them within a minute, in previous versions of PPro. With the 2017 update I am stumped!

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Alex KuzelickiRe: Keyboard Shortcut Frustration - Where have Source, Timeline and Program Windows gone?
by on Dec 13, 2016 at 5:50:24 am

Okay, so after looking around on different forums online I found a solution. It's a bizarre one... but it works!

For some reason, if you have the window open that you want to assign the shortcut to then it won't appear in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu. That is too weird but it's true. If, say the Timeline window was open, there would be no mention of the Window > Timeline in the Keyboard Shortcuts. As soon as I closed the Timeline, however, it was magically there.

Same for the Program and Source windows.

The second thing you have to do, is to delete the default shortcut. If you don't then your new one won't 'take'. It will just disappear into the ether. Might want to keep a note of what the default shortcut is, though I suspect it wouldn't just vanish from the default settings... but, who knows? There is some goofy behaviour going on, that's for sure.

Anyway, hopefully the result of my hours of frustration can help someone who comes across a similar problem.

Cheers,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Pete BrookRe: Keyboard Shortcut Frustration - Where have Source, Timeline and Program Windows gone?
by on Dec 13, 2016 at 8:09:20 am

Argh! That makes no sense, but I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why they might have removed that feature. THANK YOU!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]