ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Color shift in orange highlights / lumetri?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxim Abrossimow
Color shift in orange highlights / lumetri?
on Dec 11, 2016 at 6:29:23 pm

Hello there!

I ran into a strange issue i thought I would not have to deal with in a while now: color shift.
Recently I had to re-issue a live concert movie we shot a year ago. A few changes here and there, some new extras for DVD... For that I had to pull the project out of the archive. After all changes are done, I wanted to export the full movie again and ran into the discussion naming problem - a major shift in colors, especially hard on skin color and highlights.

My thoughts so far are:
a) when editing the movie initially we were running on Premiere Pro CC 2015.3. Now we use 2017. Did anything change in Lumetri color science or PPro? (and yes, I tried working on the project with the original program's version, but the results are the same)
b) today we work on a new machine, which probably has another Quicktime version.

Attached you find a comparison to explain what my problem is. On the left you can see how it SHOULD look, on the right how it CURRENTLY DOES. You should see a major shift in the orange highlights and skin color.

My hopes for this thread is to maybe find a general solution for color shift problems or get some ideas specific for my situation on how to tackle this kind of shift.
I tried to work on highlight saturation using Lumetri but can't find a way to define global parameters working for the whole movie.

Additionally: there are parts in the movie where heavy lumetri effects were applied (I'm talking about creative LUTs and creative effects). Comparing screengrabs from those moments, there seems to be no color shift at all. Which leads me to concluding, that during the versions Lumetri changed it's way of color interpretation (or something there)... Why?

Your help is, as always, very appreciated.
Maxim

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Color shift in orange highlights / lumetri?
on Dec 11, 2016 at 9:05:16 pm

deleting media cache is first thing I'd try. also, any special luts have to also be in media encoder technical folder as well with same file structure.

Return to posts index

Maxim Abrossimow
on Dec 11, 2016 at 11:49:53 pm

Chris, thanks for your feedback. Deleting the media cache is not going to work, sadly - tried it.
The weird thing: even if i install cc 2015.3 (the version, i originaly worked with during the project) and open up the archived version (being the project file i exported the dvd from the first time) the colors won't match. :/

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Dec 13, 2016 at 1:35:48 am

Uncheck Import Premiere natively in the Pref of AME.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]