ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adjusting Midtones

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenAdjusting Midtones
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 2:33:03 am

I was watching a video on color correction/grading the other day. The guy was using Final Cut Pro, and at one point he opens a color correction panel and adjusts the highlights, midtones, and shadows, and at that point I realized Premiere Pro doesn't have a midtones adjustment. There is a midtones adjustment in the Color Wheel tab, but no midtones adjustment under the Basic Correction tab of the lumetri panel.

How do you guys go about adjusting midtones?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Adjusting Midtones
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 10:50:48 am

[Duke Sweden] "There is a midtones adjustment in the Color Wheel tab, but no midtones adjustment under the Basic Correction tab of the lumetri panel."

Why not use the wheels then?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Adjusting Midtones
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 12:15:42 pm

I don't like wheels, they scarez me 😉

Just seemed odd to me to have just a blacks and whites, shadows and highlights adjustments in the basic correction tab and no midtones adjustment. I just may have to ditch my PC and go Mac over this!!!

Thanks Tero.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adjusting Midtones
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 4:50:16 pm

Be brave, big buckaroo! Sounds like it's time to start farting around with Lumetri to develop some chops.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Adjusting Midtones
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 5:02:54 pm

My chops are well farted, thank you very much! 😉

I always use lumetri. I've got a stack of plugins that I rarely touch anymore. Film Convert? Yuck! It destroys everything I apply it to. No, Sweden's the name and Lumetri's my game. I was just wondering why there was no specific midtone adjustment in the basic correction tab.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Adjusting Midtones
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 6:31:51 pm

[Duke Sweden] "I was just wondering why there was no specific midtone adjustment in the basic correction tab."

Because it is just for basic correction. Like your basic settings in a camera RAW conversion software. When the basic correction isn't enough you're supposed to use the other tools to get the image where you want it to be.

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Adjusting Midtones
by on Dec 14, 2016 at 6:22:22 pm

learn the wheels. it is a necessity if you want things done right :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]